Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Weekend Update... A Few Days Late!

I've had a lot going on lately and really haven't had a chance to write much.  So, while I have a few minutes, I figured I'd take a little time to give an update on some things!  This past weekend started off kind of rough, but I can happily say that it ended on a good note!  Saturday I was way to productive in the morning.  Such a strange thing to say!  I woke up early, got a really good run in, worked out, cleaned the house a bit, got dressed and went to the grocery store all before 10:00 a.m.!  I was amazed with myself.  I figured I would spend the rest of the day being lazy.  I thought I'd want to be lazy for a day...  Turned out I got a little stir crazy.  The problem was, I didn't know what I wanted to do. This turned into me running random and almost pointless errands, reading (which I love to do, but just couldn't really get into) and trying to find other ways to occupy my time.  Husband has been wanting a new mattress, and he had mentioned that he wanted to go look at some on Saturday.  Of course, we forgot about it until about 5:00 Saturday evening.  Thankfully, the mattress store was open until 6, so we rushed out the door.  Long story short, we picked one out.  He's been all about these Tempurpedic mattresses for what seems like forever now.  A couple of his friends have them and LOVE them, so he figured there must be something to them.  I wasn't overly crazy about it, but we got one anyway.  It was delivered that evening...

We were expecting a good night's sleep on our new mattress.  Nope.  That thing is not easy to get used to.  First, if you've never experienced one, you basically sink into it, as it "curves" to fit your body.  Well, I move around a lot when I sleep, so whenever I changed position, I felt like I had to put effort into moving out of the indention my body had made.  This isn't a huge deal, but it is definitely something that I was not used to.  I've adjusted over the past few nights, and it isn't so awkward anymore, but when I get into bed every night I still have to give myself a minute to adjust.  I'll save my review of the Tempurpedic until after I've given it a fair shot.

And I can't give it a fair shot until I get to have a few consecutive nights where I'm not woken up 10 times!  Vegas has been sick and throwing up several times at night...  I feel bad for him, but there isn't much we can do until we figure out if this is just a little bug, if his food is upsetting his stomach or if we need to take him to the vet for something more serious.  We're going to give it a few days before we take him to the vet because he's acting fine; playing with, and tormenting, Pepper, etc...  But he makes a lot of noise when he gets sick, and on top of him playing with anything that makes noise (bags, paper, litter) all night AND him wanting attention throughout the night, it makes it really hard to get a good night's sleep.  It seems like ever since we got the new mattress on Saturday, he's been determined to keep us awake.  So, since Saturday, I really haven't had anywhere near a descent night's sleep.  Last night was an exception.  I say that, but I still woke up, or was woken up, a few times.  I think I was just so exhausted from the previous nights' lack of sleep, the getting up early and the golf lesson yesterday (the heat will really wear you out, and it was HOT), that I was just so tired, I didn't notice the cats or the strange mattress.

But back to this weekend!  Sunday was a really great day!  We spent it with my parents and celebrated a belated father's day!  Golfing and Mexican food!  We played on a course that is kind of out in the middle o nowhere, but is very nice, so we ended up having lunch at a Mexican restaurant that I've passed on the side of the highway a hundred times, but have never stopped at.  Not healthy AT ALL, but pretty tasty!  It was so great to see my parents!  Didn't do so well with the golf, but that didnt bother me much.  My mom even played a few holes!



No comments:

Post a Comment