Thursday, June 28, 2012

Insurgent

Well, I finished Insurgent yesterday!  I really liked this book and how it all came together in the end.  It was an easy read, but when analyzing it, I found that, if you wanted to, you could look at it as a study of the human species in general.  I won't go into detail, and instead, I'll just say I think the author wrote a very entertaining story, with just enough twists and turns.  Plenty of unexpected elements made putting the book down difficult at times.  There was definitely a lot of character development, which I like.  Although the ending was a bit abrupt, I'm happy with how things are wrapped up, or as wrapped up as the ending really allows them to be.  I wasn't left haning or wanting more.  Overall, it was a really good book to change up the pace after 50 Shades, but two books in this little series was just enough.  There isn't too much worse than running a series into the ground and then beating it like a dead horse.  I'm ready to change up the pace now with something in a different genre.  I've got plenty of options, so no I've just got to decide which book on my list is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment