Thursday, June 21, 2012

Oh My... Eyebrows!

Okay, let me start off my saying that I'm not one of those girls who has a set eyebrow waxing appointment set up for every 3 weeks.  Not even close.  I do my own plucking, but I've only had my eyebrows actually waxed once.  Until today... 

I have been neglecting them a bit more than normal lately.  Pure laziness, so it had gotten to the point I knew I needed to spend some quality time with the tweezers.  That thought even crossed my mind this very morning as I was getting ready for work.  So, when I made a little trip to Ulta on my lunch break, and the sweet eyebrow girl asked me if I wanted her to do my eyebrows because she had an opening (of course she did), I figured, "well maybe this is just something that someone higher up is telling me it's time to do."  Especially after I told her that I was on a really tight schedule, and she insisted that it would only take about 10 minutes.  Okay, let's do this.

Now, let's talk about how my eyebrows have always been in the past.  Never have I had, nor wanted, pencil thin eyebrows.  Mine were more along the lines of (but much less thick than) Brooke Shields.  Like I said, not her's, but more on that side, I guess you'd say.  Well, not anymore!  I figured my little eyebrow girl would just do a little cleaning up, as was implied (ladies, take note. ALWAYS discuss what exactly they mean when they say clean up).  This girl reshaped those suckers.  I was a bit shocked at first.  All the bright red skin and the partially removed/totally smeared makeup didn't help my first impression either.  Don't get me wrong.  I liked them, but the difference was MAJOR, and I was, to say the least, very much not expecting what I saw after I saw the first one.  But, seriously, what are you going to do after one is done?  You're committed to the other one, or you can just look silly.  But like I said, it wasn't bad, just much different that I wanted or expected. 

Here is a picture of me just a few minutes after...


Excuse the awfulness of the picture; I wanted to capture the eyebrows and surrounding red area, and that was all I was focused on.  So, not bad, but much different.  And LOTS of red!!!

Now that I've gotten used to them (sort of), and the red is gone, and, for the most part, the make up is as fixed as I could manage, the new look is warming up on me.  They certainly aren't pencil thin or anything like that, and I've gotten nice reviews from my co-workers, so that helped.  But there is something to be said about the SHOCK factor involved in a noticable change in facial features! 

The final result:

I'm happy with them!  Just wish there had been a little chat before it all went down! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment