Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday!

I almost forgot about the Thankful Thursday post! 

1.  I am thankful for the massage I'm getting tonight!  Husband signed up for a membership at Elements, so we got a massage a month at a discounted rate.  We both need one!  He's been playing golf so much, his back is pretty sore.  Golf (apparently "golfing" isn't an actual word....? Did you know that? I didn't...) uses muscles that don't get used very often, so with all the golf he's been playing, no wonder he's sore.  I've been working out and running so much that I just ache.  So, this evening will be very nice.  I'm also very thankful for the membership that he got us! 

2. I am thankful that today is my "rest" day!  It should be tomorrow, but today I had an early meeting at work, and then we have massages tonight, so today is my day to rest (from running and working out, not everything)!  Fridays typically are really nice days to take off, but I won't mind getting up in the morning to get my run in!

3.  I am thankful that getting up in the morning has become so easy so quickly and that I actually enjoy it!  I really do like running in the morning.  It's so peaceful, and it isn't nearly as hot as it is in the evenings.  Not only does it give me energy that I normally wouldn't have, but it frees up my evenings, too.  Maybe I'll start cooking...  Maybe.

4.  I am thankful that I got to spend some quality time with my wonderful friend, Franchesca, last night.  She's such a great person to be around, and she's been a very good friend since I met her.  We are very different, but it is definitely one of those situations where opposites attract!  We compliment each other very well, I think.  I love her!!  She'll be moving away in probably a little over a year, which makes me very sad... But I'm thankful for the time she's here, and I look forward to visiting her where ever she ends up when she moves.  It won't be fun seeing her leave, but I'm thankful that I can honestly say that I know she'll be one of my best friends forever.

5.  Of course, I'm thankful that today is Thursday, and tomorrow is Friday!!  Another weekend, here we come!  I hope it's relaxing and productive at the same time.  I don't have too much planned, even though it's Father's Day weekend.  We will probably celebrate my dad on a weekend where the golf courses are less crowded, seeing as we planned to play golf with him to celebrate.  I would still like to see my parents, so maybe we can meet them for dinner or something.  The crowds are just so crazy on Father's Day.  No matter what I actually do end up doing this weekend, I fully intend on catching up on all the pictures I've missed for the photo challenge!!

6.  I'm thankful for my dad and my mom.  They're just great!

7.  Happy Birthday to the United States Army! Happy Flag Day! I am thankful for our freedom.  I am thankful for those who serve or have served our country.  Thank you.  We should all be thankful for these things, today and everyday.

I'm thankful for so many things, really.  But that will do for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment