Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Keep Up the Good Work

Yesterday, I posted that my run was less than great, but I was okay with that.  Through the training, I've gained an actual appreciation for the days that running is difficult.  I certainly would rather have fewer of them than good days, but the bad days will happen.  And they make me appreciate the good runs I have.  Yesterday wasn't great day, but today was! I knew I was "off" yesterday for whatever reason (muggy, tired, who knows...), but today was really great!  I knocked 2 minutes off my 5k!  It was more where I should be at this point, and it was just a huge relief that yesterday really was a fluke. 

My point is, even if you aren't feeling it, if you need to get out there and do it, do it.  Just do what you can.  You'll be so happy you did.  No one ever says, "Goodness, I really hate that I just did that workout."  They may say, "I can't believe I did so poorly on that workout," but they don't regret it.  Something is better than nothing.

This is in all aspects of life.  Some days won't be great, but get through them... Maybe reward yourself for a hard day with some ice cream or a bubble bath...  Whatever makes you happy.  Get through the bad days; they will eventually be followed by a good day! :)

All for now! :)

2 comments:

  1. I like this post! It's truly Tracy! And, it's great motivation for those that feel discouraged because of one bad day or stumble along the way (weather it's working out or just every day life). It's not easy to achieve something great but as the A League of Their Own quote says, "The hard is what makes it great."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rosary! I really appreciate that. :) We all have bad days, and I know that if we let them, they can really bring us down... One bad day can do so much damage if you don't just get through it, get past it and move on. I love that quote!

      Delete