Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Did It!! & a bunch of other random things...

Well, I said I'd get up this morning and run, and I DID!!!  Goal accomplished!  It wasn't hard to get out of bed, and it wasn't hard to run; it was actually a really good run!  My pace was even noticeably improved!  I'm going to try to start doing more a.m. runs now that I know that I can, and that will give me some evening time back. Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day.  So, today was off to a very good start!  It was, however, off to an early start, so we'll see when and how bad the "crash" is!

I'm a few days behind on the June photo challenge, but I've got 2 to get me a little more caught up:

4. (Close up)
That would be a close up of my eye lid.  Wow... It looks like I have on WAY too much make up, but I don't think I had that much on the day I took the picture.  Hmm...  May have to take more eye make up pictures to see if this is just a fluke!  Either way, I like eyeshadow about as much as I like pink lipstick!  But I don't like my eyeshadow as bright as my lipstick (thankfully!! Although this picture may lead you to believe otherwise...). :)

5. (Sign) (Oh, how you'll appreciate this if you know my boss!)

Royce is my boss.  Royce is not a cardboard sign; he's an actual person, but that's his face on Waldo's body.  I don't know why we still have this around the office.  It's from a golf tournament years ago!!!  We don't use it, but it seems like we just can't part with him.  The best part... where this sign is kept.  Let's just say that  if I look over my shoulder, it's right there, so, theoretically, my boss (close enough) is always looking right over my shoulder.  Funny, huh?   

Today's assignment is "hat."  That could be a hard one.

Something else I wanted to discuss was in regards to a post I made on Facebook.  I said, "I feel very blessed right now. Is everything perfect? Of course not; but right now is one of those rare times where I'm able to focus on all the good I have in my life. Lots and lots of really good people in my life. Lots of great experiences I've experienced. So many I have to look forward to. Just felt like sharing, in the hopes maybe you'll see how blessed you are! :)"

Yesterday, I was a little emotional and cranky.  Yes, I will admit that I get that way from time to time! Lol! But I decided to turn it around.  We can't always do that, but sometimes we can. Sometimes we can take those less than stellar days and make them good, great even!  Really, even making them bearable is a welcomed improvement.  Next time you're feeling down, really try to separate yourself from the negatives.  They are so consuming, and they seem to be everywhere, especially when you're having a rough day.  The reason I referred to that time of happy reflection as rare was because I was bound and determined to let go of the nagging little things that were getting me down.  I made myself appreciate all the many blessings I've got, and I've got tons.  Most of the time, we can't put everything aside for whatever reason.  Sometimes a racing mind won't let you let go.  That's why this was a rare moment, because I was able to honestly focus on the good, and nothing got in my way.  A lot of people 'liked' that comment, which made me wonder how many people really try to fix a bad day.  Yes, I will also admit that sometimes we all need a bad day, a day to just be in a cranky mood.  But sometimes you think you need one of those days, and you don't.  So, if you're having a bad day and want to turn it around, try!  It won't make all of your problems go away, but it may help brighten your day.  Who doesn't benefit from reminding themselves that they've got people who love them, remembering great vacations or looking forward to something great in your future.  Worth a shot!
Aren't I? ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment