Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy 36th Anniversary to Mom and Dad! ...& othe things.

Thirty six year ago today, my parents got married! :) Pretty awesome! Although their wedding had a few minor bumps (banana cake, or maybe it was lemon? my mom not curling her hair, yellow being their wedding color, a color with neither of them likes... little things in the grand scheme), it was obviously the start of a wonderful marriage!  I'm sure that they've had their ups and downs; who hasn't?  In 36 years, you're bound to butt heads on occasion, and you are certainly going to encounter a hard time here and there, but 36 years also give you so much time to fill with wonderful memories and cherished experiences!  And they've got many, many more to go!  So, Mom and Dad, thank you for serving as absolutely great examples of how parents should be and how a husband and wife should treat each other.  I love you both so much!


Sorry about the really poor quality of this picture, but I couldn't download it from my dad's photo gallery website, so I had to resort to taking a picture of the picture on the computer with my phone.  I'm glad I was able to come up with a way to get it on here without having to ask my dad to change the settings.  So... Surprise to them! :) Aren't they cute!  And isn't my mom beautiful, even though her hair isn't curled? :)


On a similar note, the past Sunday, I went to a reception for my boss and his wife for their 50th wedding anniversary!  That was very special.  I know them so well, and I know their story so well...  They are definitely a pair made specifically for each other.  It was so nice to see so many people come out to their celebration.  Again, another couple that serves as an exceptional example of how to love and make a marriage last through the years. Happy 50th anniversary to you both. :)

This past weekend was very low key, which was nice!  Friday, we went to dinner, then came home and Husband pretty much crashed.  As you may know, I stayed up a little later to finish 50 Shades.  Saturday was a SUPER lazy day.  Again, you probably know I ran (yay for training! We're 180 days out as of today! OMG!), but the only other thing that got me out of the house was Italian food.  Nice lazy day.  Then Sunday was indoor cardio (yay!).  I really like the days where the training specifically calls for elliptical training...  Somedays that heat is just hard to beat, and yes, it's only going to get hotter for the next few months. The reception Sunday afternoon was nice, and then I visited some of my friends who own a winery here in town.  Such a fun family.  I hung out there until Husband was finished with golf for the day, and then we headed over to a friend's for some pool time.  So, it was a very nice weekend, all in all...  Just too short!  But isn't that always the case?

The photo assignment for Sunday was "Best Bit of Your Weekend."  There were a lot of great parts to this weekend, but here are a few pics I got from Instagram captured moment:

10. (Best Bit of Your Weekend) (These are just the ones from the weekend that I haven't posted yet.  The picture of me and 6:00, the "drink" picture, and the view of the sun from the car were all really good bits of my weekend as well. :)



Sorry it's a little fuzzy... But this was at my boss's reception.  I'm with two of my sweet friends from work, Priscilla and Julie.  Love them and the rest of my work family!!


This was just a cool picture (I thought).  You can see my Nook, which got plenty of use this weekend, and reading was definitley one of the best bits of my weekend, so it counts!  This is at the winery, while I was visiting with my friends.  It was a very nice way to spend a few hours while waiting for the golfers to finish up. :)




Kelsie and me


I didn't get any pictures from our friend's house after this, but that's okay because it was hot outside, and I was all sweaty and gross!  Lol!

And this morning...
It isn't supposed to be the picture of the day until the 25th, but this morning, I got some pictures of some pretty cute creatures!!

25. (Something(s) cute)


After my run, I got a little more working out in.  I was in the computer/work out room, and I hear Husband calling me...  This was what he wanted me to see! It's hard to make out, but these are two doves just hanging out on the windowsill!  I found it very cute!  But wait... It gets cuter!!



At one point, both kitties were on the windowsill looking at the birds, but I missed that.  She was just watching them walk around out there! She wasn't making any noises or acting silly; she was just watching them!  Again, VERY cute!!  I'm sorry I missed both kitties up there!



And of course...  Miss Pepper herself!!  

So, my morning was full of cuteness! 

The run wasn't great, but I did pull off a 5k (I think 5k sounds better than 3.1 miles) in under 30 minutes...  My time was very off, but I did it.  From the pictures, you can probably tell how muggy it was outside.  That might have added to the difficulty, not sure though. 

Other happenings today include getting soaking wet getting from the grocery store to my car, then even wetter getting inside the house from my car (definitely not fun) and realizing that I left my phone at work (once I was home, of course).  So, I had to go get it.  Not having it wasn't an option...  But now I'm home, nice and cozy and dry and with phone within reach!  Hope everyone has a nice night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment