Friday, July 20, 2012

So Far, Really Good

Awhile ago, I posted about not having expectations because they tend to lead to disappointment...  My theory was that if you don't have certain expectations for something, you can just sit back and enjoy whatever happens to come about.  And if things don't go well, well, you aren't disappointed.  I've had hits and misses with this whole experiment.  I'm going to try something a little different, but along the same lines this weekend (key word "try").  I'm going to try to blog throughout the weekend, giving updates on what's going on, focusing on the good stuff.

This idea came to me because I have already had such a great morning.  First off, I got a ton of sleep last night.  Good sleep.  And I woke up feeling rested and ready for the day. I got a good run in, along with a pretty good workout.  Then, while working out, I checked my Facebook updates, and... I found out that one of my best friends booked her flight to Vegas for my birthday trip!!  Such a wonderful surprise!  I was hopeful that she'd be able to make it, but I wasn't positive.  So, that was pretty exciting!  Things are starting to come together with the trip.  We're figuring out where we'll go...  Club, pool, dinner...  All the *big* stuff!!

I'm trying to not  look ahead to the rest of the weekend, but I am supposed to have lunch with a friend and then dinner with the husband.  Maybe go out for a drink after, but seeing as he has a tee time at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow, that may not happen.  Trying my best to not let that get me down.  I'd like to actually have a fun Friday night, but if we don't go out after dinner, there is always tomorrow. 

On a sad note, a sweet friend of mine is putting her dog do today. :( My heart breaks for her.  But she gave her sweet puppy a wonderful life, and saved her from the animal shelter.  I know that doesn't make it easier on her, but she is doing the kind thing by giving her sweet little girl a way out of the pain she is in.  :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment