Friday, July 27, 2012

50 Shades

Well, a few days ago I finally finished the 50 Shades series.  Aside from the really graphic and intense sex scenes, which I skipped over in many cases, as I found out many of my friends did as well, the books got better.  Especially the third book, which actually was suspenseful and more of a thriller (although mild) at times.  It added elements that gave you something to focus on other than these crazy sexcapades.  The book was really, really predictable in many instances, but that wasn't too terrible of a drawback. 

Would I read them again?  No.  Am I glad I read them?  Yes.  Why?  Well, if I hadn't, I'd have been left wondering what all the fuss was about, and they were entertaining.  Would I recommend the book to others?  Some, yes, others, no.  These books are not for the shy and faint of heart.  Nor are they for the easily embarrassed or narrow minded. 

I did like how the epilogue really did a great job tying up all the lose ends.  No questions were left unanswered, which was nice.  The story was finished nicely, wrapped up in a nice bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment