Sunday, July 1, 2012

One More Month of 27!

It is almost unbelievable to me that I will be 28 one month from today!  I don't feel that old...  I still feel like I'm 22.  Twenty-eight just sounds so old.  :/  I didn't think my life would be what it is at 27, if that makes sense.  Looking back to five years ago, I saw myself in a different place by now.  Kids, probably a different job in a different city, but that's definitely not to say that I'm not so happy with life as it is now!  I have a great job and work with some of my best friends, I'm happy in College Station (little town that it is :), and I really don't think I'm at a place for kids to be an option yet (well, that was my mentality until last night, more on that later). 

But 2-8 is late twenties!  When did that happen??  Wow!  Time really flies the older you get (and I know I'm not old), so I can't imagine how fast it'll go when I get even older.  So, I'm definitely going to do everything I can to make the most out of every opportunity I get. 

But since I'm almost old, making the most out of every day doesn't mean that I want to be really busy and necessarily doing something all the time.  I'm almost old, and I get up early (trait of an old person, I think), and sometimes I like low key days.  For example, today I'm tired because Husband and I drive home really late last night from his mom's lake house after celebrating an early 4th of July.  Even though we were up really late, and I could have slept in, did I?  Of course not!  Up early, worked out, did laundry, showered, went to the grocery store...  All before 11:00.  So, I've had a lazy afternoon.   Watched Contagion and Wanderlust (Contagion was pretty good; Wanderlust, not so much), did some reading, watched a lot of the Kendra Wilkinson "reality" show (I have to get my weekly dose of reality t.v...).  Lazy before a Monday back at the Chamber.  But this should be a pretty easy week.  Work two days, day off, work two days, weekend! 

Now, about the baby comment!  Yesterday, I got to meet my neice, Camdyn!  She's four months old, and she is so precious!  I held that baby all day!!  I definitely didn't share much. :)  And I could have kept holding her for hours!!  Not going to lie...  There was a little part of me that thought, "Hey, I could totally have one of these!"  Lol!  I also got to play around with Ridleigh, our other sweet neice.  So precious!!  She was so animated!  A little over three years old is a very fun age.  Good kid experiences this weekend!  I'll have to keep those in mind when I get irritated with other kids, although I'm lucky enough to have friends with super cute, well behaved children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment