Friday, July 6, 2012

Qualities

I like to think I'm a decent person...  I try to be.  I know I'm certainly not the best, but I always work to be the best me that I can be.  Below, I've listed some qualities that I think are really important for a person to have.  I left out things like "pride," or "bravery," not because I don't think those are important, but because those aren't the most important to me at this point in my life.  They aren't my focus...  I'm guessing you'll pick up on the theme of my important qualities.  These are things I strive to be; things I strive to have.  You may learn something about me! :)

Empathy: The ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

Compassion: Sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.

Humility: A modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness.

Strength: The power to resist strain or stress; durability. The ability to maintain a moral or intellectual position firmly.

Dedication: The quality of being committed to a task or purpose.

Grace: Simple elegance or refinement.

Understanding: An agreement of opinion or feeling; adjustment of differences; harmony.

Self Discipline: Training and control of oneself and one's conduct , usually for personal improvement.

Determination: Firmness of purpose; resoluteness.

Caring: Displaying kindness and concern for others.

Positivity: Characterized by or displaying certainty, acceptance, or affirmation.

Courage: The ability to do something that frightens one. Strength in the face of pain or grief.

Selflessness: Having, exhibiting, or motivated by no concern for oneself.

Patience: The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.

Open Mindedness: Receptive to new and different ideas or the opinions of others.

Self Worth: Dignity: the quality of being worthy of esteem or respect.

Respectful: A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

Not really sure where this post came from, but it seems important right now.  I like to understand people, and part of understanding people is knowing what is important to them, or what they value.  So, here you go... Now you know a bit about what I value in myself, or hope to be better at.  Nothing too fancy; just good.  I want to be a good person.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment