Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ladies' Nite and Weekend Recap

Friday night was the Chamber's annual Ladies' Nite.  This event is just for the ladies, and other that helping set up during the day and clean up (which was a breeze) afterwards, the staff didn't have any real "job" to do during the event.  This is by far one of our most fun events!  This year's theme was "Prom Rewind," so everyone either broke out their old prom dress or found something on the formal, yet gaudy side to wear.  There were some crazy dresses.  The guys on the committee put on the entertainment, and this year, we had a Prom Queen Competition (yep, pretty much a drag show), and we were treated to a performance from NKOTB!!!  Priceless! 

The dress I wore was the actual dress my manager wore to her prom the year I was born!  Very cool!  I just happened to have the petticoat from my wedding dress at my house (for the photoshoot with the very talented Heather on the 28th), and it worked perfectly with the dress.

Here are some pictures from Friday:
Two of my co workers and me...  All the blondes wore pink...  And pretty much looked like Barbies. :)

Yep, the dress was LARGE!!
My boss and me. :) He cleans up pretty nicely!

So, Friday was a long day...  It was actually the last day that I ran.  Shame on me for slacking this week.  I only ran a few times, but I did manage to get the elliptical training in a bit to try to make up for it.  Here is one of the reasons I love morning runs:

It's so pretty!!  There are so many positives to running early, and I don't know if I could handle the heat anymore if I tried to push it into the afternoon anymore. :/  It's also so peaceful early in the day.  I love it!

But, as I said, Friday was a long day, starting with a 6:25 a.m. run and going through the event, which wasn't over until 11:30, then we had to clean up.  When I got home, some friends were visiting, and I don't get to see them all that often because they have a sweet little baby that likes to go to bed early, so I took full advantage of their visit...  And was up WAY too late!!  Getting up early on Saturday did not happen...  Shame on me, but I need to catch up on my rest BADLY!  I spend some quality time on the elliptical, but it just isn't the same.  I totally flaked out on my long run this weekend, and I feel bad about that.  I didn't even run today.  I needed an actual "rest" day because I haven't had one since last Sunday. 

Yesterday, Husband and I went to an early dinner and sat on the patio to have a few drinks.  There was a bad storm that we got to watch come it, and it caused the wait staff to put down the plastic window things to keep us from getting soaked, but it was still fun to sit outside during the storm.  We were joined by some of our friends who will be going to Vegas with us so we could try to make plans...  I think we have a good idea of what we'll be doing and when.  Now, it's just deciding on which pool to go to and which club to get in. 16 days!!!

The storm coming in.

Random picture from last night.

Another random one. :)

Today, I intended to try to run, but we already know that didn't happen.  So, on my rest day, I played golf.  This was the first time Husband and I played with just the two of us.  It was fun, but VERY muddy.  I think I've improved a bit since I last played, which was a few weeks ago.  That doesn't mean I did well, but I did do better! :)  Husband did well too!!

Really hoping the running goes MUCH better this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment