Monday, July 23, 2012

Negative, negative, negative

I probably shouldn't even write a post like this, but, it's my blog, and I've got a lot on my mind that is causing some major negative emotions and writing may felt me figure them out. 

First off, I've been watching the Bachelorette for the ENTIRE season...  I knew that with the finale being on Sunday, that may cause some problems because we've got other things that we tend to watch on Sundays.  But the finale was 3 hours long, so after an unexpected dinner with some friends, it was just too late to start the 3 hour finale.  It irritates me to no end how the VERY FIRST thing I hear on the radio when I get into my car is the outcome of the show.  Of course, I call Husband, who (of course) informs me that I knew that would happen...  Thanks for that, Sweetie.  I think it's so rude of people to announce spoilers SO quickly after the show ended.  Really?  I know I'm being a bit ridiculous here, but I'm so frustrated.

On top of that, I had a major case of cabin fever this weekend.  Although Husband offered to do something after dinner on Friday, we ran into the exact problem we do every Friday.  Where do we go for casual drinks to celebrate the beginning of the weekend?  I'm sure it's not that hard to find a place in this lovely little town we live in, but nothing ever comes to mind.  This makes me miss the actual city.  Not that I'd come up with anything if we were there, but right now, I feel like my options would be more open.  Who knows...  So, we went to bed early.  Sometimes, I choose to stay up late and read, but I wanted to get up early and run, so I went to bed early, too.  And I got up way too early.  It's perfect for running, but when I couldn't make myself get a nap in, it just made for a long day.  We didn't do anything that evening, and I was literally waiting around for it to be not too early for bed.  Pathetic. 

I'm very aware that this is all my doing.  I simply needed to say, "Hey, I want to do this or go here," and I'm sure he'd have been happy to do so, but sometimes I want him to take the initiative.  He knew I'd been sitting on my ass all day.  Of course I'm bored.

Sunday.  Not much better.  I took Sunday as a rest day because I knew I needed one, and I figured I'd get up and restart the workout on Monday.  I managed to stay in bed a little later than normal on Sunday, which was nice.  I guess I needed that 10 hours of sleep.  I went to the grocery store, but that was it.  Husband had suggested golf, but I don't want to play every weekend.  Every other weekend is fine for me.  I'll get burned out.  Plus, he takes it too seriously.  Part of me almost wishes we'd never started this venture.  When I complained about the cabin fever, he said that he would have suggested other things to do, but I apparently don't like to do much. No, I don't like going to the movies.  Especially after sitting around all weekend watching t.v.  There is also just something about movie theaters that I don't like.   I don't know if it's the germ, the people, the noise, being confined...  It's just not my thing.  It never really has been.  It's not normal; I understand that. 

Any other suggestions as to what we can do?  I didn't want to suggest dinner because he'd spent the day cooking a brisket, but when we got the call to meet our friends, he wanted to meet them, and I was happy to get out of the house and visit.

I didn't get up to run this morning, which disappointed me, but I was tired, and after sleeping so much Saturday night, I can't help but think my body just really needed some rest.  But maybe that's a good thing, seeing as now I can just hop on the elliptical when I get home and watch the (spoiled) season finale of the Bachelorette. 

Aren't I a ball of sunshine today?  At least it isn't too late to turn it around.  I'm looking forward (no expectations though) this upcoming weekend.  And week, to an extent.  Girls' evening tomorrow, date night Wednesday and hair appointment Thursday.  This weekend- photo shoot with Heather!! and pool day Sunday!  Early birthday celebration. :) I'm milking my birthday as much as I can!

So, there you have it.  Positives and negatives, and the revelation that I need to force that good mood and positive attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment