Thursday, May 31, 2012

It CLICKED!!! Finally!

Woohoo!!!  Today's run was such a SUCCESS!!! I finally feel like things were "right!"  My run wasn't a struggle, and I even added on to it a bit.  I know I haven't been training for very long, and I know that there will be many, many more days of struggling, rather than days like today, but today gave me the boost I needed and have been waiting for!  I'm probably making a bigger deal out of today's run than it actually deserves, but after struggling through the runs for the past 2 (ish) weeks, this makes me really happy!!  Yippee!!! :)

I also took a pretty picture while on my run!

#31. (Something beautiful)

Like I said, tomorrow is June 1!  I did some searching and found the photo challenge for June.  It is actually an Instagram challenge, so I don't feel so bad about using my phone to get most of the pics for the challenge.  :)  I'm not sure if this is initially where the challenge was created, but here is where I found it.  Jeroxie.com is a pretty cool blog!  I haven't checked it out too closely, but it appears to to focus a lot of food and recipes.  I'll definitely be spending more time looking around there!  If anyone is interested in attempting the challenge for June, here it is (you can also check out Jeroxie.com):
  1. Morning
  2. Empty
  3. On your plate
  4. Close-up
  5. Sign
  6. Hat
  7. Drink
  8. 6:00
  9. Your view today
  10. Best bit of your weekend
  11. Door
  12. From a low angle
  13. Art
  14. Time
  15. Yellow
  16. Out & about
  17. In your bad
  18. Something we don't know about you
  19. Imperfect
  20. Favorite photo you've ever taken
  21. Where you slept
  22. From a high angle
  23. Movement
  24. On your mind
  25. Something cute
  26. Where you shop
  27. Bathroom
  28. On the shelf
  29. Soft
  30. A friend
I've already got so many ideas for these!  They probably won't come in order...  But I'll get them all!  (Just like I promise to finish up May in due time!:)

I'm going to add something to Thankful Thursday: I am thankful that it rained early; we certainly needed it, and I'm glad we got it!  But I'm glad it was long gone in time for my run, which was so great!  I think it would have been pretty disappointing to have another struggle of a run.  :)  Thankful for progress!

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you had a great run!!! I love that you are doing Thankful posts! It's a great way to remember just how blessed we are! Maybe I'll do them again too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! And thank you for the idea for the Thankful posts! :) You're right! It is a great way to remind ourselves how blessed we are. Some things come to mind so easily, and then others really take some soul searching, but I believe that we can find something to be thankful for in pretty much all situations, so that's another goal of mine. Find the good in less than great situations!

      Delete