Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thankful Thursday & Rodents

I got the idea to do a Thankful Thursday post from my friend, Michelle's, blog.  I read quite a few blogs, and I've seen similar things on a few of them, too, so, I thought it may be a good idea to hop on the Thankful bandwagon.  Today is a good day to start; I need to focus on things I'm thankful for, instead of getting frustrated with little things, which has sort of been how my day started.  So, time to be thankful!

1.  The rain that we'll probably get this evening.  This is a tough one to be thankful for today because it's a running day, and I took yesterday off, so I really needed to get that in today.  Maybe the rain will work around my schedule and allow me 25 minutes to run and not get wet.  Actually, it's been raining all day, so hopefully it will let up this evening.

2.  My job.  Thankful that I have one.  Paychecks are very nice.  Thankful that I work with friends who help me get through the day and keep me entertained and understand my frustrations.  Every job has frustrations, but we should all be happy to have a job, especially in an economy where so many people don't.

3.  Technology.  Oh, this is another tough one, seeing as my computer at work really test me at times.  It's a necessity, but it really doesn't cooperate with me about 50% of the time.  But where would we be if we didn't have technology?  We'd get by, but we're certainly spoiled by gadgets.  I'd go crazy if I didn't have my phone!

4.  Sad songs.  Odd one to be thankful for, but here is why I am thankful for sad songs: they give you a reason to shed a few tears on emotional days!  They are a great excuse for watery eyes! Lol! But it's true.  Plus, sometimes, they remind you of how good you have it!

5.  Happy songs.  You know, after the sad songs, it's nice to hear a happy one!!  They can make great mood lifters.

6.  Friends.  I'm a lucky girl, and I have many wonderful friends.  I am so thankful that I can pick up the phone, or even walk down the hall, and instantly know that I've got access to some of the best support there is.  Whether it's a laugh, a shoulder, a word of encouragement or an ear, I know I've got the best, and they're always willing and eager to be there for me whenever I'm in need.  :)

7.  I'm thankful that tomorrow is Friday!  That will probably be a reoccurring item!

I'll stop with those for now.  My list goes on and on, so I'm not lacking for next week!


Okay, on to the RODENT!  Lol!!!!
This little guy woke me up about four times last night.  Well, not him, per se... But Mr. Vegas was playing with him, and that woke me up.  You see, this little guy has a rattle in him, and although it's not very loud, something about that sound just wakes me up.  So, I hear the rattle, get out of bed to get the mouse, but can't find him...  Back to bed I go.  This happens a few times.  Then Mr. Vegas changes his game.  He manages to throw the mouse, I think by flinging it by its tail.  Poor mouse hits the wall.  This, too, wakes me up, only this time I have a better idea where it is because I know it hit a wall!  I ended up hiding the mouse and going back to sleep.  I was just a little irritated with the Fuzz Ball.  (Oh, when Vegas was younger, he would play fetch with these mice.  We have many.  Husband or I would throw the mouse over and over again, and each time, he'd bring it back.  I've also been known to find random mice in my purse from time to time. :) It's cute!!)

Vegas made up for waking me up so many times by being cute.  He does that.  We were folding cothes this morning, and...

Yep. He likes to burrow right in the middle of the clothes.  Cute. I know. It's what keeps him around! ;)

Tomorrow is June 1st!  Can you believe that?? I can't! I'm going to try to find another photo challenge for June, and actually complete the assignments on time.  I still want to finish the one that I'm currently working on, but I obviously didn't do that on schedule.  Oh well...  It'll get done. :)  I've got a few more additions for you!

#3. (Something you wore today)
Thank you, Franchesca!  I got these favorites at a swap party...  More on those at another time! Great way to recycle good stuff!!  So glad one of my besties has great taste and small feet!

#9.  (Something you do everyday)
I brush my teeth EVERYDAY (several times, actually), and I hope you do too!  This one really took some thought.  I wanted to post a picture of something that I really do everyday.  There are so many things I think I do everyday, but when it comes down to it, I only do them 99.9% of the time.  So, this was one of the few things that I can honestly say I do everyday!  Not very exciting, but it's at least the truth!
#27. (Something Sweet- I have a few for this one!)


Cupcakes and sharing!!! Both are definitely sweet!! :)
Have a wonderful Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment