Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Oh, Tuesday!!

Today didn't start off as I'd hoped... But that's okay.  There is still plenty of time to make up for all the things that I wanted to get done this morning that just didn't happen.  Dispite going to bed early, I just couldn't get up to run before work, so I will just have to struggle through the heat this evening.  I've done it before; I can do it tonight!

I wanted to add a few pictures from my picture challenge.  I had some great opportunities to get some really great shots this weekend, but I didn't take full advantage of that.  Again, something I need to work on.  But here are some pictures from the challenge, and then a few from this weekend!

#5. (Bird)
It's not very easy to tell, but this is a little glass bird that sits in one of my best friend's and co-worker's plants at work.  For some reason, it always makes me smile!  I've known that this is what I've wanted to use for the bird picture, but it's taken me a while to actually make the effort to take the picture!  Cute little blue bird!!

#11. (Kitchen!)

This is our office coffe pot.  The heavy duty one! It definitely gets its use... It seems to have gotten an especially hard work out today.  Today has been Tired Tuesday! I'm hoping to come up with some other pictures for "kitchen," but this was a pretty important part of today, and it is really what "kitchen" means to us at the Chamber!

#12. (Something that makes you happy.)
Meet Ms. Pepper!  She is the other furry family member in the Bates's house.  She was being extra cute this morning, so I thought she's enjoy having her picture taken!  She is definitely more a fan of my husand than she is of me, but I still get my fair share of love from Pepper.  Bless her heart for putting up with all of Vegas's taunting... Sweet little girl!!

Now, on to some picutures from this weekend!  Like I said, it was jam packed!  But it was fun to see so many people, it just left me exhausted (and I have a feeling that it left the rest of my friends feeling pretty much the same).

This would be me, Kim and Franchesca!

This would me me and the husband!! <3

And back to Kim and Franchesca!  Silly girls!  I love them so much!

I took many more, but these are some of my favorites!

I also took some in Crockett.

Kris and me

Don, Jaxson (sweetie pie) and Kris.


I had a feeling today may be a bit of a struggle, so I set a goal for myself today.  I'm big on setting goals and writing them down.  Today's goal (I even wrote it in my little bedside notebook before getting up) is to get through today with a positive attitude.  So far, I'm doing pretty good!  Of course, that goal is in addition to all the other goals I've set for today, like running, drinking more water, getting some errands out of the way and getting to bed early...  Sometimes you have to remind yourself to be in a good mood.  It's easy to let the tired take over and make you moody.  I've found that if you recognize that you're allowing that to happen, you can often change your attitude, and therefore your day! So, in theory, pretty much every day can be a good one!  My challenge for you is to try to make every moment a happy one.  I know that's asking a lot, so start small.  When something isn't going well, redirect your focus to something positive, or try to find the sliver lining to the not so great path things seem to be taking.  It's worth a shot, right? :)


Oh, and there was something else I wanted to include in this post!  My soon to be book club friend, Rosary, has a really great blog that I'l like to link to here!  She and I share a love of books, and we have a similar taste in books.  Her site is full of recipes, book reviews, etc...  She also is a runner, so she's a go to for support!  Chck out he blog! I bet you'll find something on there that catches your eye!  Plus, my dad and I photographed her wedding, and she's got pictures that my dad (mostly) and I took that day!  I love that she loves them so much.  She made the most beautiful bride! :)  It was such a fun day and a wonderful experience.  I'm so glad I got to be part of it!

2 comments: