Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Quick Update

Yesterday's run was... Better!!! I didn't push myself, and I stayed at a very steady pace.  It wasn't fast, and I'm not positive as to what it was (I can do some math to figure it out, but haven't yet), but my run was overall much easier and less forced.  Again, my little app decided to start me off from a different location, so before I had even left my driveway, it said I was over .5 miles into my run.  This pretty much messes up any chance that the average pace it calculated for me was accurate.  But even so, the overall feeling was a good one!  I think I may take today off, of just do something light, since I didn't take Monday as a rest day.  Yay for progress!  To be honest, even though it was only week one, I was feeling a bit frustrated with the whole thing, probably due to the fact that I used to run for such longer distances with so much more ease.  I guess taking a break from the elements and sticking with the elliptical for a long stretch of time wasn't the best idea.  Live and learn! 

On to the book... Which also gives me the opportunity to mention that I got up early and didn't just lay there, attempting to fall back asleep- I read, per Dr. Neal's orders to not just lay in bed when I wake up, but to do something to get myself alert.  This is in the hopes that I can get my irregular sleep patterns under control.  (Yes, I could have worked out, gone running or something, but today may be an off day, so I was going with that.  Plus husband has started using the elliptical in the morning, and I don't want to mess up his routine by rushing him to finish up on that.)  So, 50 Shades it was.  This book is NOT for the faint of heart.  It's (my guess) up there with all those trashy romance novels, no offence intended to those who like it or any other trashy romance novels.  I guess they can serve a purpose to their intended audience, which I guess I am not.  The main character, Anastasia, (yep, that's her name, Anastasia Steele- oh so dramatic.  Pretty, but dramatic) is just way, WAY to naive for that name, or for any 21 year old I have ever encountered.   Found out from today's reading that she doesn't have a computer, which is fine, but very uncommon for most graduating college students (she's about to graduate).  I know that there are many students who rely on the school computers, but I just found it to add to her innocence.  Almost as if the author used that fact to make her seem even more childish.  I know I sound insulting, and that's not what I'm intending to do, but let's face it.  It's pretty unrealistic, especially when you look at the rest of her character description and development.  So, Ms. Innocent is thrown into some just plain crazy situation.  Mr. Suave thinks she's the most beautiful thing to grace the world, while she sees herself as mousy.  I guess many girls thing this view of themselves, but to be truthful, pretty girls know they are pretty on some level, and even girls that may not be the most attractive typically do give themselves credit for their other positive qualities.  She doesn't.  I just don't know.  Still have a bunch to read, and I'm getting intrigued, probably because I can only see this book getting getter.  If they'd just shy away from the graphic... umm... intimate (?) discriptions, which they won't, it would have so much more potential.  As I said, this book was written for a certain audience, which is totally fine, but I just don't think I fall into that category.  More to come on this...

Yesterday was a bit of a blah day, but I was able to bet through it with a positive attitude for the most part!  Yay for accomplishing that goal.  Lots of errands to get done today, things at work need to be taken care of...  Today may be a bit less relaxed, which is good.  Maybe my day will fly by, and tonight can be an evening of relaxation.

Possibly more later!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment