Friday, May 25, 2012

Updates, updates!

And it's only been, what? Two days? As I've said, life move at a pretty quick pace. So, obviously a lot has gone on (or so it seems).

1/2 Marathon training:  I'm trying to recruit as many people as I can to join this race.  I'm not really sure why... I am very self confident when it comes to this.  I know I can and will do it.  I just want some friends suffering with me.  AND I want some friends to have the same feeling of accomplishment that I will when it is said and done.  I think that, in order to really appreciate something, you should experience it.  I want to experience this with people I love and am close with.  I want those gross sweaty hugs.  I will be super proud of myself for accomplishing this task on my own (which seems crazier and crazier every day), but I just know it will be so awesome to share that experience with someone else. So, that's why I push all of those that I love and know can do it if they start training soon, to sign up!  I'm not really all that much of an athletic person, but I'm going to do this.  If I'm encouraging you, that means I know you have what it takes. 

Now, on to some slightly less positive news...  Yesterday's run was PATHETIC.  Did I accomplish my scheduled goal?  Yes.  Was it less than I'd hoped for?  Most certainly. :/ How did I compensate for this?  I jumped on the elliptical and did an extra 20 minutes of cardio, knowing that today (Friday) was my rest day.  (Oh, thank God for rest days...  I combine all my workouts with some strength training, so there is obviously additional strain on my body.  I woke up this morning, and my entire back was just sore...  Then I noticed my arms were sore...  It's a geat thing, but it was certainly not expected.)  All in all, yesterday was a combination of sad, sad jogging (not running, despite my effort), 20 minutes on the elliptical (in the a.c., in front of the t.v., with water in reach) and some strength training.

Today... NOTHING!  Completely took advantage of REST!!!  Well, I did take the stairs, which is a no-no, but I'm just not at the point where I will go out of my way to get to the elevator to avoid the stairs just yet plus taking the stairs is habit.  I feel great!!! Sore from the weight training mostly, but so ready for my run tomorrow morning.  Just hoping it goes better than last Saturday's run.  I don't see it being much worst.  And I'm looking forward to it, so it hopefully will be a nice improvement. 

Next update: Reading!!  I finally finished my book.  I was reading Mockingjay, which is the third, and final, book in the hunger games trilogy.  This book got a whole lot of negative reviews.  So... going into it, I was very skeptical.  I was skeptical even though I was getting those more negative reviews from people who enjoy a much different reading style than I do.  Although I doubt that there are many people read this blog, I do feel the need to issues a ***SPOILER ALERT***!!!  for anyone who may fall upon this blog while not having finished all the books.  Yes, this book was slower.  I was talking to my friend about it, and we both agreed that this book was almost one that should belong in a different series.  Not because the story wavered, but because it very much changed direction.  The tone was so different, it was as if the book belonged in a different genre.  There was action in the third book, but Mockingjay way not action packed.  There was a lot of down time.  A lot of character development, some of which wasn't for the best.  My views of certain characters changed drastically, and I was unhappy with the ending in many aspects, while at the same time, finding satisfaction with how Collins decided to end her story.  The ending just didn't live up to th rest of the story, and it was totally unexpected.  Maybe she wanted to just throw a wrench in the story?  If I had that much brilliance stored in my head, I hope I would have gone out with a BANG!!!  I think it ran its course.  Any more would have been over kill.  Maybe.  Maybe that is the problem.  But who likes to invest their time in a book to be left with thoughts of, "Oh, I wish she'd done this...", or "Really?  You're going to end like THAT?!?"  That being said,  it's a great series.  Easy read for fast readers, which I am not, but still an easy read for me.  Very entertaining.   And how can you not read it?  It's everywhere!!!

On to pictures!!!
All these are Instagram pics, but like I said, I think Instagram is a new favorite of mine!! So, back to the challenge:

#6 (pink):
I love LOVE BRIGHT pink lipstick!!!  It's fun!  Enought said...  ;)

#20 (Something you can't live without)

My lips are destroyed from golfing using chapstick w/o spf...  Learned my lesson.  Now it's ultra moisturizer, with SPF, ALL the time!!!

#12 (Something that makes you happy) Again, this is one that you may see pop up again!
Mr. Vegas!  On occasion, he has been known to get a bit cuddly.  It's true!!

I guess that's all for now.... Here's to hoping tomorrow's run is very much a success... :)

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more on the ending of the Mockingjay. I felt kind of let down after getting so immersed in the series. Im excited to follow your journey training for the race!!

    ReplyDelete