Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fun in the Sun: My Camera and Me

As I mentioned, I love photography.  I even said that at some point I planned on doing the 30 (I thought it was 31 days, but whatever) day photo challenge.  Instead of making it a challenge (I really don't have time to get a picture every day that goes along with the picture you're supposed to take that day), I'm using the picture challenges as inspiration or ideas. Here they are:
  1. peace
  2. skyline
  3. something worn today
  4. fun
  5. bird
  6. you
  7. someone that inspires you
  8. a smell you adore
  9. something you do every day
  10. a favorite word
  11. kitchen
  12. something that makes you happy
  13. mom
  14. grass
  15. love
  16. what you're reading
  17. snack
  18. something you made
  19. a favorite place
  20. something you can't live without
  21. where you stand
  22. pink
  23. technology
  24. unusual
  25. 12:00
  26. something sweet
  27. the weather today
  28. a number
  29. your personality
  30. something beautiful
(I've also started a list of inspirational ideas to spark some creativity after I've accomplished these.) 

After my training today (which went pretty well), I took advantage of the really nice sunlight and took some pictures.  :) Very happy to have officially started this challenge!  These were taken with my "big girl" camera, not the Iphone (haha), but have had no editing done to them.  Literally taken straight from the camera to the computer to upload here and to facebook!  I love it when pictures turn out really great with little or no editing.  Not that I don't love all the great things you can do with Photoshop or Lightroom, but there is something about a plain, non altered picture!

#6. (you) That would be me!  Or part of me! :)


#7. (someone that inspires you) That goofy guy behind me is my crazy, but very inspirational and motivating husband.  Terrible, TERRIBLE pic of me, but I love it because he intentionally did everything he could to surprise me when I looked through the pics!! Love him!! <3

Don't be surprised if there are some other pics of people that inspire me... I am surrounded by inspirational people.  I'm lucky like that. But he's definitely someone that helps keep me going when I'm lacking the motivation to go on...  Sometimes by simply serving as an example because he is so determined in all he does.  For example, he was working on "Project Jeep."  He's very committed to the things he sets his mind to.


#15. (love)  So, I'm definitely not techno savvy, but even so, it is slightly embarassing that I, just this morning, (while still in bed) downloaded Instagram to my phone, especially considering how much I use the camera on my phone... (Better late than never!) So, I will take full advantage of this really cool app! 

Okay, on to the picture...  Pretty obvious.  My wedding ring and engagement ring. Perfect. Beautiful.  I love them.  I've loved them since the moment I got each of them (even though it took some adjusting to the actual wedding band.)  Our engagement story is really cute!  Maybe one day I'll post it!  Let's just say that the hubby did a great job, and I was totally shocked!!

This picture was taken today while I was in a parking lot, but I love how it turned out.  I'm an instant fan on Instagram!

My wedding ring (and engagement ring) symbolize love to me.  They are also an outward sign that I've found love and so has the great guy who put them on my finger.


I've taken a few other pictures that could fill some of the other 30 challenge categories, but I'm not sure I'm completely sold on those yet, so instead of trying to just get the challenge completed (which timing obviously has nothing to do with; it's quality really), I'll post some other pics that I took today that I really like!  I hope you enjoy!



 Cheers!!  Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment